Tuesday, June 30, 2009

SOME FAVORITE BOOKS

Just finished reading My Sister's Keeper, and it was as good as all of the recommendations I had received. So now on my list of favorite novels about family life, I have three; We Were The Mulvaneys, by Joyce Carol Oates, Poisenwood Bible, (and I've forgotten the author), and now the above mentioned book by Jodi Picoult. I guarantee, you won't be disappointed in any of the stories. All unique, all different locales, the only common traits, is they all concern families, and all are written by master story tellers. What are called "page turners". Read, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Barbara Kingsolver wrote The Poisonwood Bible. My bookclub read it years ago. We also read My Sister's Keeper. Both books had lots of scope for discussion. Another great read is Lionel Shriver's "We Need to Talk About Kevin"

    Love,

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know I have a reader, one who probably suggested two of the three books. Read on.

    ReplyDelete